Companies & Speakers Participating in Africa’s Marginal Oil Field Conference – London
In a statement released in Houston, Energy & Corporate Africa the organizers of the upcoming Africa Small and Marginal Oil Fields Development Conference scheduled for August 19 -20, 2015 at the Crowne Plaza, the City , London has showcased list of some of the government agencies and companies that will participate in this unique conference.
They list include the Department of Petroleum Resources, Nigeria which is the petroleum regulatory agency which processes industry applications for leases, licenses and permits, supervises same, and among other things has the statutory responsibility of ensuring compliance to petroleum laws, regulations and guidelines in the Oil and Gas Industry in Nigeria; the E & P Company of Ghana National Petroleum Corporation, PETROSEN – the national petroleum company of Senegal, Sonagas GE – the national gas company of Equatorial Guinea, Ministry of Petroleum - Chad, Gabon Oil Company, Nigeria Sao Tome & Principe Joint Development Agency.
Among participating oil companies showcased by the organizers for the upcoming conference include:
· Vestigo Petroleum- a new wholly subsidiary of PETRONAS establish to focus on Development and Production activities from small, marginal and mature fields in Malaysia and abroad through strategic partnerships with other industry players;
· Noble Energy - has footprints in Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Sierra Leone and Cameroon,
· Sterling Energy -Sterling Energy Plc is an upstream oil and gas company with a current focus on projects in Africa. The Company has interests in high potential exploration projects in Cameroon, Madagascar, Mauritania and Somaliland.
· EZ Zebra Data Sciences - focuses on seismic acquisition (specialising in VSPs), data processing, interpretation, well log digitising, seismic vectorising, data and document management and bespoke software development.
· Energia Oil and Gas -Energia is the Operator of the Energia/Oando Joint Venture Ebendo/Obodeti Marginal Fields (ex- Obodugwa/Obodeti Marginal field) located in the southern Delta Basin in Delta State of Nigeria.
· Midwestern Oil and Gas – In 2003 the Company was awarded 70% interest in Umusadege Field located in OML 56, a Nigerian lease formerly operated by Elf Petroleum Nigeria Limited Joint Venture, which is situated at the northern area of Delta State, Nigeria. Midwestern is the operator of the field
· Koval Petroleum – focuses on developing state body capabilities to ensure that African countries maximize their hydrocarbon revenues
· Atlantis Offshore - an offshore technology company focused on well testing/production/drilling using technologies that reduce cost, increase safety and environmental friendliness.
· VAALCO Energy - focus is on the existing West Africa asset base and acreage positions. The company’s growth strategy is to fully exploit the potential and expand their West Africa footprint. They also continue to pursue selective corporate and/or producing property acquisitions with exploration upside
· ERHC Energy – a publicly traded oil company with valuable oil and gas assets in Sub-Saharan Africa ( Sao Tome & Principe, STP JDZ, Kenya, Chad).
· Africa Fortesa - has ten onshore wells producing shallow gas in Senegal and continues to exploit hydrocarbon in the region.
· A –Z Petroleum – a subsidiary of Chicason Group and has oil assets in Kenya, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Senegal
· Petromarker – acquires and models high quality electromagnetic data
· Standard Bank - a universal bank and full-service financial group offering transactional banking, saving, borrowing, lending, investment, insurance, risk management, wealth management and advisory services.
· FBN Capital Nigeria - FBN Capital Limited is a full service investment bank and asset management company.
· ..and more to be listed
According to Sunny Oputa, the chief executive officer of Energy & Corporate Africa, “Africa Small and Marginal Oil & Gas Fields Development Conference will bring government agencies from the region, national producers, investment banks, financial institutions, private equity firms, lawyers, insurance companies, oil & gas companies, national and international operators together to share knowledge, exchange ideas and network for business growth and goal actualizations”.
Among some of the confirmed speakers for this conference are Emmanuel Bekee - Deputy Director/Head of Upstream ,Department of Petroleum Resources, Nigeria, Sani Hassan – Asst. Director Marginal Fields, DPR Nigeria, Mike Aryeetey – Chief Operating Officer, E & P Company of Ghana National Petroleum Corporation, Milko Moussouri – Chief Business Development Officer, Gabon Oil Company/Managing Director – Koval Petroleum, Idriss Khalid – Director General of Ministry of Petroleum, Chad, Joseph Medou – E & P Director, PETROSEN- Senegal, Luiz Prazeres – Chairman Nigeria Sao Tome & Principe JDA, Damien Mauvais – Managing Director/Head Oil & Gas Standard Bank London, Dr Keith Millheim – CEO, Atlantis Offshore, Felix Amieye-Ofori – Managing Director, Energia Oil & Gas, Dr. Peter Ntephe, CEO ERHC Energy, Prof. Charles Ofoegbu – Executive Director, A –Z Petroleum, Jan Chiemleski – Managing Director Zebra Data Sciences, Rolake Akinkugbe – VP & Head Energy, FBN Capital, Bill Baumgartner – Business Development Director, Noble Energy, Beal Rogers – Chairman/CEO of Africa Fortesa, Chijioke Mama – Senior Research Analyst (Oil & Gas/Marginal Fields) and others.
Oputa went further to explain that this conference will provide first hand information on the available small/marginal fields opportunities in Africa; highlight on the geological, technological, economics, geopolitical and management challenges confronting the development of those fields ranked as small or marginal and will proffer solutions through expert presentations and case studies. This conference amongst other things will showcase various technological, commercial, economic and project funding plans for the development of these fields.